Directions to the Mill House
Home | Green | Directions | Images |
Live | History |
The Mill | Contact
This map shows where you're aiming for. The address is 1379 Lincoln Road, Werrington,
Peterborough, PE4 6LT.
Arrive at Peterborough Railway Station. Either
- ask for a taxi to the mill on Lincoln Road, Werrington (if they seem confused, say "halfway between the Cock Inn and the Crab and Winkle").
- head for the bus station and see below
Arrive at Peterborough Bus Station.
You want a Stagecoach number 1 bus, from bay 14 - every 10 mins daytime, every half hour or hour evenings/Sundays - or a Delaine 201 from bay 9 - every half hour during the day. Ask for Lincoln Road,
Werrington, and expect to pay about £2.60 on the 1.
Due to Stagecoach not actually caring about their passengers, you'll find that
the number 1 bus now only goes the wrong way round Werrington, and your best bet is
to get off at the village green and walk back to the Cock Inn and up Lincoln
Road. Alternatively, stay on through the loop, and once you turn back onto
Lincoln Road its the second stop, right outside the house just about.
From the A1 South
At this point you will see a bloomin' great onion dome above the trees.
This is in fact the Mill. As you get closer you'll also see a big square
house facing you, with solar panels on the roof: this is the Mill House.
- take the Peterborough Services exit (A1139) in towards Peterborough on Fletton Parkway (this is the exit AFTER the A15 Yaxley turnoff)
- take the City Centre/Yaxley exit, which is the second exit (Nene Parkway - junction 3) and turn LEFT (A1260: City Centre/A47/(A15) direction)
- keep going along here till you get to a roundabout under the A47, turn right ONTO the A47 (Soke Parkway): this is the Thomas Cook roundabout
- take the next sliproad but one, junction 17 (signposted all manner of things
including City Centre, and Werrington), go STRAIGHT ON at the
roundabout (signposted Sleaford A15) and back UP so you're continuing parallel to the A47 (but separated from it by a chunk of concrete), then down again and LEFT at the next roundabout (signposted Werrington, Sleaford (A15)). This particularly entertaining piece of traffic (mis)management can be admired here.
- straight on at the next roundabout
- right at the next one, signposted Werrington Village, onto Lincoln Road
- left at the mini roundabout, passing a chipshop on your left
- follow Lincoln Road round to the right
From the A1 North
Proceed as above.
- take the A47 Peterborough North exit (this becomes Soke Parkway)
- you will pass OVER the Thomas Cook roundabout (J15 with the A1260).
From the A47 West
Proceed as above once you cross the A1
From the A15 North
The Mill House is halfway down on your left.
- take the old A15 (dual-carriageway, signposted Werrington Industry and not actually the A15 any more) at the Glinton roundabout
- turn left into Werrington village at the next roundabout (with the BMW dealership on it), and turn immediately right into Lincoln Road